Github GitHub is a code hosting platform for collaboration and version control.GitHub lets you (and others) work together on projects.
Here I Am Going To demonstarte how host a static websontent in github repo and how to host and map with your Domain Name.
- First we want to upload Our Static Web contents to Github repository.
- I have created on new git repo and uploaded the content.
- Then go to settings and add the postfix github.io to your repository name and rename it.
- On the settings console left pane select pages.
- Here you want to select which branch you want to host it.
- After saving that you get your github pages link.
- You just open the link ... yeah your website content hosted online.
Map a Custom Domain Name
Domain Name Registrar
A domain name registrar is a business that handles the reservation of domain names as well as the assignment of IP addresses for those domain names. Domain names are alphanumeric aliases used to access websites; for example, Google’s domain name is ‘google.com’ and their IP address is 192.168.1.1. Domain names make it easier to access websites without having to memorize and enter numeric IP addresses.
Some popoular DNS Resgirators
- Route 53
If you alreday have domain name you just proceed next steps. otherwise purchase it in godaddy or you can get the freedomain name in freenom.com.
Freenom : grtting free domain name in freenom is tricky. if you have luck you can easily get. otherwise check it in the tricks to get frre domain name in youtube.
I Am going to map the custom domain name in freenom.
Open Freenom Domain Console
Create 4 A Record point to the below IP Address.
188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168
- Then add one more record. create cname with the below your custom values
Name = www
Record type =Cname
TTL = morethen 700
After add the records wait for 5 minutes for your records Sync all the domain servers globally.
On GitHub pages add your domain name in that custom domain name field and save it.
- Also check mark the enforce https option. so that your website server with https protocol.
- Yeah now you have successfully map your domain name. wait for 10 minutes for your domain get the SSL Certificate from GitHub.
- Now check your Domain Name in browser.
Thats all guys.
Did you find this article valuable?
Support Venketraman by becoming a sponsor. Any amount is appreciated!